Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Packing List!

     Those that know me, know that I am a list-maker; and those that don't know me, find out very soon!  I love making to-do lists for each day, but the best part about them is checking each item off!  If I do something that is not on the list, I will often add it to my list, and then still enjoy the satisfaction of checking it off.  Lists keep me on track for the day, give me motivation to complete each task, and remind me of the big picture.
     Already, I have begun to compile an extensive packing list for my trip coming up, gathering information from the Trek7 packing list, sources online, as well as from two other girls who went to the Congo last year and with whom I have been emailing about the upcoming trip.  Today, I went to Wal-Mart with my Mom, and together we were able to attack that list and cross-off most of the items!

                   

                   

     Of course, there are always a few things that are never on the 'packing list' but should be brought with anywhere.  The fruits of the Spirit are sustenance.  The joy of the Lord is the best medicine.  Prayer is your shelter.  The best sunglasses are the ones that help you see others as Jesus did.  And not even the best coffee in the morning can replace time alone spent with God.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21


No comments:

Post a Comment