Sunday, May 24, 2015

It takes a church to send a missionary...

   

     Although I couldn't consider myself a full-time missionary, this trip has shown me the overflowing generosity and support of my church and brothers and sisters in Christ.

     I began my support-raising in the summer of 2014 by doing 'odd' (but fun) jobs for people.   This included: photography, babysitting, house cleaning, and wood cutting/hauling.

Here are a few examples of my photography:





Another family offered for me to help them haul wood:



     Then in the Fall, a few families who had one or more members going on a longer mission trip in the summer planned a Spaghetti Dinner and Silent/Pie Auction.











Next came the support/thank you letters early this year.



     After all that (plus a graduation party), through God and the help of many caring people (and also partly my job at Dairy Queen), I fully-funded and able to follow-through with my mission to the DR Congo!


"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the Gospel from the first day until now.  And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment